Clear aligners from Smile Direct Club straighten your teeth gradually over time. Smile Direct Club is a service that provides braces for people to wear at home. Smile Direct Club is an “online orthodontics” service. Your orthodontist can place braces and mold a clear retainer, but you can do it all online and by mail rather. Mail-order aligners are an option for consumers with misaligned teeth, according to the company’s promise of “self-therapy.”
The safety and legality of this approach of orthodontics have been called into question by numerous news sources, as well as official objections from industry bodies like the American Association of Orthodontists.
You can make informed oral healthcare decisions by visiting Family Dentistry, where we care about educating our patients. Smile Direct Club and other direct-to-consumer orthodontic enterprises, as well as our stance on this business model, are things we want to spend some time explaining to you.
Are Smile Direct and Invisalign Club the Same Thing?
- To achieve the best possible results with SDC (SmileDirect Club), you will wear a sequence of clear aligners that are custom-made for your mouth. Invisalign-like therapy, but a completely different technique.
- To obtain their aligners, patients do not have to make an appointment with an orthodontist. A scan or cast of the patient’s teeth must be created and sent to the business. A personalized set of aligners is made for each patient by SDC in consultation with their dental network, and it is mailed to them.
- You don’t have to go to the dentist’s office at all because you get your trays delivered right to your door.
- To use Invisalign, you must first visit your orthodontist, who will take a 3D scan of your teeth to ensure the aligner trays will be a perfect fit. Within a few days of submitting the measurements to Invisalign, the dentist will receive a set of custom aligner trays.
- At the dentist’s office, you will be fitted with a custom-made brace. This keeps the aligners from slipping off the teeth and prevents any harm to the teeth from occurring during treatment.
SmileDirect Aligners provide several advantages:
- We accept insurance as payment.
- The absence of a credit check is welcome.
- The treatment is being watched from afar.
- There are no dietary limitations.
- A risk-free way to check your teeth (in-person option at a SmileShop)
- Clear aligners on a budget
- There is a payment plan offered
- Treatment for whitened teeth for free.
3 Simple Steps To Get Started
1. We put together a treatment strategy that is unique to you
Wear your clothes according to a schedule that suits your needs and your daily routine.
We use the most up-to-date aligner technology, such as the Smart Sculpt aligner. To prescribe and manage your custom aligner treatment plan, one of our state-licensed physicians will examine your 3D image, photographs, and medical history.
For the sake of accuracy in planning and ease of use. It’s best if you move your teeth slowly at first. There are 22 hours in a day or 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep only at night.
2. Start with an impression kit or a scan, whichever you prefer
To create this image, there are two simple steps to follow:
We create a 3D model of your teeth so we can see exactly what’s wrong and come up with a custom treatment plan just for you. Create impressions at home with our kit and send them to us. For an in-person scan, go to a SmileShop.
3. Grab A Set Of Aligners And Get Started On Your Path To Health
After just 60 days, you’ll be able to see the benefits. Virtual Smile Check-ins are included, as is 24-hour access to our dental care team, all under the direction of your prescribing physician. All of your custom aligners will be made at the same time and shipped to you at the same time.
If you get a new smile from us, we’ll guarantee it for life with our Lifetime Smile Guarantee.
What Teeth-Straightening Option Is Best For My Adolescent, And How Do I Know?
For teenagers, the SmileDirectClub aligners are a more expedient and convenient alternative to traditional braces. Your teen’s dentist or orthodontist will identify the best aligner treatment plan for him or her based on his or her unique needs. The average day’s wear is 22 hours.
Who doesn’t want their new smile completed in time for a special event, such as a graduation or back-to-school pictures? Your teen can have a straighter smile in as little as 4-6 months with the help of these braces.
SmileDirectClub Each night, wearers of Nighttime Aligners must put them on for the full 10 hours. The course of treatment typically lasts around 10 months. Adolescents who don’t want to wear them for 22 hours a day will appreciate their more adaptable design.
The additional benefit of Nighttime Aligners is that they don’t require you to leave your house. When it comes to your teen’s braces, you don’t want them to lose them. All of these options are most effective when there is only a slight spacing or crowding issue.
Because they are made in the USA with Comfort Sense technology and BPA-free plastic, our aligners look and feel like they belong in your mouth.
Your adolescent will be able to enjoy their favorite foods again after getting metal braces. No attachments, buttons, or teeth fillings are used in any of these methods for straightening teeth. Also, without brackets getting in the way, practice good oral hygiene habits like brushing and flossing.